A Motorcycle - Learn How to Start Driving a Motorcycle

Do you know about - A Motorcycle - Learn How to Start Driving a Motorcycle

Motorcycle! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

First you need to go to the DMV and pick up a motorcycle permit book. Make sure you read this book before you take the test. Reading this book will teach you some important safety tips and the laws. Now go and take the written test for your motorcycle permit. As long as you read the book this will be a breeze.

What I said. It isn't outcome that the real about Motorcycle. You read this article for information on what you want to know is Motorcycle.

How is A Motorcycle - Learn How to Start Driving a Motorcycle

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Motorcycle.

Lots of people simply go to the DMV and get their permit and drive a year on the permit and just keep renewing the permit. Lets be honest here, wouldn't you really feel much better if you actually had the real thing and didn't have to worry about renewing that permit over and over. The driving test is a whole other story, I will write another article on taking your driving test.

I went to the DMV and got my motorcycle permit then went and bought my first motorcycle a few days later. I didn't know anything about a motorcycle. I went and bought a Honda Spirit 1100. I had to get the guy I bought it from to put it on my trailer because I didn't know enough about a motorcycle to drive it at all. I know this is sad, but very true. I couldn't wait to get it home and see if I could figure out how to drive it. I didn't even know what the shifting pattern was on a motorcycle.

I called a friend of mine and quizzed him on this. He let me know that usually when you press the shift lever down until it will not shift down any more you are in first gear. If you come up 1/2 a shift you should be in neutral. On my bike when you did this the neutral light comes on. He then instructed me that if it was a five speed I would have to shift up four times then I would be in high or fifth gear. Well I went out and found neutral and shifted down and sure enough I was in first. I was on my way to learning that there was a new world out there.

I am lucky because I live out in the country so I have plenty of back roads. I wouldn't say it is safe to do what I did by practicing on back roads, but if you can find a good parking lot then you can practice there also. I practiced letting out on the clutch and getting the bike to move in first while I was in the yard. I did this until I could drive around the yard with the clutch all the way out and the bike in first. I did many many circles like this. I'm surprised I didn't burn my clutch out doing this, but Honda makes a though bike. Now lets look at a few things you need to do.

get used to all of the controls. Practice using your turn signals. Practice blowing the horn. Practice pulling in the clutch and shifting into first gear, neutral and second.

Now I thought I was ready to change gears going down the road. Let me tell you one thing. This was the scariest thing I have ever done. I pulled out of my drive way and shifted up into second then third, by now I was shaking so badly I didn't know If I could stop or not. Well I tried to calm down and pulled in the clutch and just rolled to a stop. I didn't know if I was gonna make it home or not. Well after I got calmed down I made up my mind I was going to make it past third and I would go all the way around the block. After all, all I had to do was make four right hand turns. Well five counting my driveway. Now lets look at a few more things you need to do.

With the bike in neutral crank it up and pull in the clutch, put the bike is in first gear. Let off the clutch very slowly and feel the bike start pulling forward. Give the bike just a little gas and continue to let the clutch out. If it feels squirmy then simply pull the clutch back in and the bike will stop. Practice this until you can let the clutch all the way out while keeping the bike upright. Pay attention to your feet make sure you pull your feet up as soon as you are moving fast enough to keep your balance.

My driveway is where I learned the lesson, not to use the front brake when moving at a slow speed. Especially turning at a slow speed. If you hit the front brakes while turning at slow speeds especially on gravel, you are going down. I then learned to practice using my rear break at slow speeds. These two things were two of the most important things I would ever learn about driving a motorcycle. Make sure you pay close attention to the following.

Using your rear brake is very important. Practice using your back break at slow speeds as much as possible. If you use your front brake too much and don't learn how to use your rear brake. You will go down. Do most of your practicing in a parking lot at slow speeds. This is where you learn your control. Don't be afraid to lock your rear brake while doing your practicing. This will help you learn control if you lock your brakes on the road.

Lastly, remember improper braking is your biggest enemy, if you don't know how to brake correctly. Always remember that if you lock your front brake while driving down the road you can let off the brake and brake again to regain control. If you lock the rear brake while driving, keep it locked until you stop. If you lock the rear brake and let off the rear brake thinking you will gain control. Think again the bike will flip rear end over front.

Lets wrap it up. Practice with your handlebar controls. Make sure you crank the bike in neutral with the rear break applied. Put the bike in first and let off the clutch slowly until the bike is moving forward and the clutch is all the way out. When you are moving good and have both feet up on the pegs pull the clutch back in and shift up into second gear. Do the same thing until you have gone through all your gears. If you need to stop, remember do not slam on the front brake. Pull the clutch in and use both breaks with ease until you come to a stop. Practice doing these things along with practicing your braking skills. Before you know it you will be riding and feeling good while doing so.

Always remember that one of the best and rewarding things you can do is take a motorcycle driving safety course. This will teach you everything you need to know and how to do it safely. You can't go wrong taking one of these courses and they will give you the confidence to be a better driver. And of course always ride in comfort by possibly adding a sheepskin seat cover to your ride.

I hope you obtain new knowledge about Motorcycle. Where you may offer easy use in your everyday life. And most significantly, your reaction is Motorcycle.Read more.. A Motorcycle - Learn How to Start Driving a Motorcycle. View Related articles associated with Motorcycle. I Roll below. I actually have counseled my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share A Motorcycle - Learn How to Start Driving a Motorcycle.



This entry was posted in , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply